Sunday, March 2, 2008

Running a 10K

I have been running most of my life. I ran track in high school and I have done 2 5k runs in the past couple of years. I can't say that it is something that I LOVE but it is addicting once you get started and I just feel that it keeps me active. 

It is always hard for me to get up and to get motivated to run. But, once I am out there running under the stars or watching the snow fall by the street lights, I find it a great place to reflect, pray, or just get my groove on with Baby Got Back! :o) 
Last year my dad and I ran the RiverBank 5k. I did pretty bad. I had Carson 6 months prior to running the race and I was on bed rest for 3 weeks before having him. So, just completing it was good with me. Ha! 
Anyway, this year my friend Jess and I were planning on running the 25k but decided yesterday that we are going to do the 10k instead. I am relieved! I was having a hard time finding the time to put in a 13 mile run! So, I am just getting this out there that I AM running the 10k and I want people to hold me accountable! Ask me about it! 
I just bought a new ipod yesterday...Love it! I used it my first time tonight and I got one of those running chips to put in it. It measured my distance, time, and calories burned. Not too shabby! 
Hopefully soon I will be able to post a log so you can view my results. 

No comments: